82 Mercedes 300TD - Glow Plugs Burn Out

I need to replace the glow plugs on my 82 Mercedes 300TD about every 6 months. I have replaced the glow plug relay module, but still burn out plugs prematurely. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Jeff

Reply to
zrt_100100

What brand are you installing??

Suggest Beru or Bosch and be sure to buy the correct voltage for your relay.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Do you replace all 5 at once? What brand are you installing?

Reply to
Richard Sexton

When the car starts to have trouble starting I meter the glow plugs and usually find at that time one or two glow plugs w/ a very high resistance. This happens about every 6 months. I have needed to replace all of the glow plugs at least twice a year. But, again, only one or two burn out at a time. I am using Beru or Bosch plugs. The relay was an after market Bosch unit. I did not know they came with voltage ratings other the 12V?

Thank you,

Jeff

Reply to
zrt_100100

Well ya got me stumped. Hell my car starts on one glow plug just fine (with abot 500K miles on it). Weird.

Reply to
Richard Sexton