82 Mercedes 300TD - Glow Plugs Burn Out

I need to replace the glow plugs on my 82 Mercedes 300TD about every 6 months. I have replaced the glow plug relay module, but still burn out plugs prematurely. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance!
Jeff
What brand are you installing??
Suggest Beru or Bosch and be sure to buy the correct voltage for your relay.

Do you replace all 5 at once? What brand are you installing?
Richard Sexton wrote:

When the car starts to have trouble starting I meter the glow plugs and usually find at that time one or two glow plugs w/ a very high resistance. This happens about every 6 months. I have needed to replace all of the glow plugs at least twice a year. But, again, only one or two burn out at a time. I am using Beru or Bosch plugs. The relay was an after market Bosch unit. I did not know they came with voltage ratings other the 12V?
Thank you,
Jeff

Well ya got me stumped. Hell my car starts on one glow plug just fine (with abot 500K miles on it). Weird.