83 240D sunroof prob

Greetins all, my nice 240D has a sunroof that will not seal properly. When closing the rear pass side of the sunroff is depressed and looks sunkent into
the roof. Any assistance appreciated. thanks, Rob
If it is same drive unit as on later models, there is a white knob on the drive unit, which can be pulled out to "adjustment position" and turned slightly to one or the other side to adjust the sunroof settling position.
Each time after adjusting, it must be pushed in before trying the operation.
When pulled out, the drive unit is disengaged from the sunroof cable, and when turned a little, it adjusts the position of the drive gear, which actuates some microswitches to determine the closed position of the roof.
Thanks Jens, Where might I find this white knob? Love these Benz diesels. Recently bought a beautiful orig owner 300SD with 102k and all records. Regards, Rob
As I said, I am not shure if your model uses the same sunroof system as later models. But with the symptom you describe, it could well be so.
The white knob is on the sunroof drive unit itself. This unit is located in the left side of the trunk behind the covering.
The drive unit is attached to a cable, which drives the sunroof, and the mentioned adjustment aligns the drive unit understanding of the roof position with the actual position.