83 300 Air Filter Canister Pt. 2

Hi All,
I am still dealing with the vibrating air filter canister at idle and just thought of something. In the air cleaner mount there are two holes on each
leg. Why are there two holes there - could I have used the wrong ones to screw the rubber mounts in to?
I haven't received my diesel purge yet to try that...
--
Jeff Warren

The oil drip tube's insertion into the oil drain determines which set of mounting holes to use. The rear ones are used on my engine.

Is your air cleaner mount broken? Engine vibration breaks them all, I seem to have cured it by sticking a block of rubber between the valve cover and the air cleaner housing and I have the longest lasting unbroken ait cleaner mount in recorded history now.