83 300D for sale

I'm selling my 1983 300D located in Bryan, TX. (100 mi NW of Houston, 90 mi east of Austin). The transmission is not shifting reliably from 2nd to 3rd. Somedays it works fine and somedays it takes 5 or 6 miles of driving before it will shift.

I have a 114 mile roundtrip daily commute and the unreliability is not acceptable (the other person in town working at the same place quit so my emergency carpool option went away). The trip was pretty much all highway at 65 mph, with the cruise control it averaged about 27mpg.

The 300D has now been replaced by a civic hybrid for the commute and I don't have time or energy to worry about diagnosing/repairing the 300D. (The civic definitely does not have the ride and comfort of the 300D, but the 45 mpg makes up for many shortcomings.)

Pictures and descriptions of some more of its flaws are located here

I was asking $1500, but $1200 will "buy it now" other reasonable offers considered. Registration expires 2 days from now (April 30), inspection sticker good until the end of September.

-- wesley scott snipped-for-privacy@spottedowl.biz

Reply to
<wscott