83 300D fuses

Anyone have a source for the old style fuses in this model? Kind of a plastic dowel with fuse metal exposed and domed on each end. (gee I hope you don't have to figure it out from THAT description :) Any way I grabed the
last box from the Close out bin at NAPA.
Ken
83 300D fuses Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Thu, Jan 8, 2004, 1:12am (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@HomeWired.com (KenBleau) Anyone have a source for the old style fuses in this model? Kind of a plastic dowel with fuse metal exposed and domed on each end. (gee I hope you don't have to figure it out from THAT description :) Any way I grabed the last box from the Close out bin at NAPA. Ken XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX its a new world out there look at the glass ones closely and some have the points on them and work fine.
the only thing you HAVE to look for is the AMP ratings <no colors for us dumb folks>
case
the case, minus a few cans!
No colors!? forget about it! All my current one's are red :) I have looked at the glass one's but have yet to see any with points, pehaps I should just see if one fits in, then again, I could always try a drop of solder at each end . . .
Thanks for the reply Ken
(Ken Bleau) Anyone have a source for the old style fuses in this model? Kind of a plastic dowel with fuse metal exposed and domed on each end. (gee I hope you don't have to figure it out from THAT description :) Any way I grabed the last box from the Close out bin at NAPA. Ken XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX its a new world out there look at the glass ones closely and some have the points on them and work fine.
the only thing you HAVE to look for is the AMP ratings <no colors for us dumb folks>
case
the case, minus a few cans!
They are still for sale, just because they had them on clearance doesn't mean they don't have more. I recently saw a good selection of ceramic fuses at a Kragen store.
--Geoff '84 300D
Ken Bleau wrote:

try http://www.mercedessource.com or http://www.performanceproducts.com
Ken Bleau wrote:

Thanks, mercedsessource has them, don't know why I just assumed they wouldn't.

is always a last resort . . .
Thanks