83 300d short hunting

Had a wire short to ground, lost Tack and Horn. Stripped wire out of bundle replaced, turned key, tack and horn back, bundled wires back up. Next morning, turned key, tack pin's, horn bleats.
Found that if I pull the Glow plug relay, car will behave normaly (other then the anoying fact it won't start :)
Question; is it possible for a glow plug to short to ground? Kinda cold here in the north east, so I won't be getting back to this project untill spring, but this is a nice little group . . . so
TIA
Ken
| Had a wire short to ground, lost Tack and Horn. Stripped wire out of bundle | replaced, turned key, tack and horn back, bundled wires back up. | Next morning, turned key, tack pin's, horn bleats. | Found that if I pull the Glow plug relay, car will behave normaly (other | then the anoying fact it won't start :) | | Question; | is it possible for a glow plug to short to ground? Kinda cold here in the | north east, so I won't be getting back to this project until spring, but | this is a nice little group . . . so
I don't know the specific answer to your question but if you place an appropriate size light bulb in series with the line that is shorted you can do some trouble shooting on where the short is located without burning a lot of fuses.
The easiest way is to take a burned fuse and wire the bulb to bridge the open part of the fuse.
A GP could short to ground but if anything in that system IS shorting I'd first look at the leads TO the GPs. Don't forget that the GP relay has an 80 amp fusible link under its cover specifically to protect the relay from shorts in the GPs.
IMHO your car still has a problem in the wire harness that you worked on or in its "ignition" system.
I'm kinda think so as well, if I unbundle the thing, it works well, back together, it is questionable. Asking about the glow plugs because dropping that relay out of the equation stopped the short "symptoms". Thanks for the answer, I will start by eliminating the GP wires. Nice simple wiring system, should be nice simple solution somewhere. :-)