83 300SD door locks

hi all,
i am having a problem with my door locks on my 83 300SD. if i turn the key in the driver's side door only the drivers door will lock, but nothing else locks (doors,trunk, gas door). if i try to push down on
any of the other door knobs they pop right back up (pressure is poping them back up). after about a min the pressure is gone and i can push down the remaining door knobs. the doors unlock just fine. i have read several posts on here regarding the vacuum operated door locks, but didn't find one about this particular problem. so my question is: is there a problem with the drivers door actuator (maybe a sticking contact that makes the pump think the doors are being unlocked when they are actually supposed to be locking). or could it be a problem with the pump itself? if anyone had this same problem or can give advice i would greatly appreciate it.
E.
1983 300SD (321,000 miles)

You have a vacuum leak. Learn how to take the door panels off and use a mity-vac to diagnose where the leak is and replace the errant component. It's usually a diaphragm in one of the door actuators.
--
OEM parts - Benz: http://parts.mbz.org BMW: http://buyeuroparts.com
seeing that they unlock fine, the lines and actuators are in good shape. pull the pump out and expose the board. there are two 100mfd caps. one of them is open (the lock one). test it by jumping a new one across it. frank NH ET wrote: