83 300SD oil filter/block ??

The gasket between the block and the oil filter body has started to leak so I need to replace it. It looks like a tough job because there's not much space. If anyone has done this can you give me some tips on any special tools and how long it takes? Does the engine have to be partially pulled? tnx

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

It takes about two hours. Loosen the cooler hoses, remove the line to the oil pressure gauge, remove the four allen screws and wiggle it out. Glue the new gasket to the (cleaned) housing with trim cement or the like to keep it in place during re-assembly.

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to