83 300SD synthetic oil ?

Any info on using synthetic oil in turbo diesel. recent conversation with 300 Sd owner suggested using chevron 10/50 Chevron synthetic.

I use Mobil Delvac 1 in my '97 MB E300 Diesel and '96 Passat TDI. Very happy with it, especially in the MB. Change interval 7000 miles. I don't mind the cost because I intend to keep these cars very, very long time. The Passat has 140K miles on it and still runs like new. The same with the MB, although with only 80K miles.
D.

happy
the
although
What do you mean by "Very happy with it, especially in the MB"?
Chas Hurst