'83 MB Interior "wood" trim

Page 2 of 2

It's veneer. Specifically it's veneer on both sides of an aluminum core. I *think it's one ply but it may be two. I *think it's 1/42 vener, older cars have... get this 1/64 veneer.
To strip it you use paint stripper and steel wool. You can scrape it but NEVER sand it.
No matter how careful you are or how fine the sandpaper is, you'll go right thriogh the veneer.

solid
solid
finishing.
PERFECT information. I get the picture loud and clear. Veneer is what I thought might be the case. They could have easily put in "thick" veneer given that all wood with high use need refinishing. Other parts of the car design I really enjoy. I have spent the day cleaning the switches. Amazing how much debris gets into that little hole of a switch over time. I did both the window and door swithes. They are "chock full" of parts B-B's little springs contacts etc but once you do one the others are easy to do (as long as you do not loose any parts when you first pop them open). I thought changing the headlight was a snap too. They actually designed to be replace since the bulb does burn out! I also like the position of the oil filter ( although my BMW goes them one step better i.e..) filter is in front) on top back where you can get at it with having plastic surgery on your hands to make them smaller so you can get the filter off! HA! wolf