84-190E Door lock system

The vacuum hose broke in the rubber sleeve of the left rear door. Where does that plastic hose connect to the vacuum supply? Is the a way to diassemble the door post to get to it as it exits there?

I have rubber tubing connected in there but it eventually comes lose again.

Reply to
Robert Tifft

Not sure what model you have by my 300D has the door lock vacuum hoses for the left rear door running from "Y" connectors under the driver's floor mat back to the post and then into the door. Not much trouble getting inside the door and you should be able to fish a new hose like you would an electrical wire. Or, simply find out where the break is and, if you can get to it, simply re-connect the broken line with a short piece of vacuum hose.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

The vacuum hose goes down in the door post, reaches the floor, turns to front then turns to right in front of both front seats. Near the right of car and under the carpet, a 3-way vacuum connector leads this hose to the pump under the back seat. The other way on this connector goes to the right front door.

There may be another rubber connector at the turn in front of the driver seat. I know 85+ cars have it (which is a 3-way) since the passenger door can also be used to control all doors. 84 cannot.

To remove the trim on the middle door post (B-pillar), move front seat forward, loose the screw at the bottom. The bottom cover can now be removed. I don't recall if the bottom trim of door opening is on top of this cover. If so, pry them up a little bit. Now, move the main trim on the B-pillar down to loose it. Then you will see the vacuum hose.

Robert Tifft wrote:

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan