84 300SD - Cool AC from front vents, COLD AC from rear vent. Why???

Jeff said his car is 300SD... which is a W126 like mine.

You are referring to W123 cars... which makes sense now to me.

Reply to
Tiger

Ok then, I will check behind the glovebox for the defrost actuator on the 300SD.

Thanks to you both for your knowledge. It is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Reply to
Rooster

Oh - I wondered why I didn't have a 300 SD in my 123 Manual.

Reply to
heav

TIger,

No, the vent positions work normally. No change at different speeds and engine speeds!

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Hev,

WOW! That is one heck of a response! I have been flooded with work this work, but will try this on the upcoming weekend!

You do bring up a very interesting I have forgotten about! I had a similar problem with a 85 300D I sold some time ago and one of the electric actuators was not working; I applied power to each one and you should hear the 'click' when it is activated. One did not and I changed it out and all was well with the system again!

Thanks!

Thanks

Reply to
Matt

I would check the heater monovalve. You might have a leak there. Check the hoses to see if it is warm... the two that goes into the cabin and out. If it is warm, then you got a leaky monovalve.

Reply to
Tiger