'84 300SD Squeak from Rear(?)

Hey there, I make a right turn, it squeaks like crazy. Left turn, nothing. My wife decided to drive it around with the E brake on for a couple of days before this sound appeared. I suspect this is not releated. The half shafts seem very tight when I grab them and try to wiggle them. CV boots are good. Brakes, oddly enough, have pads left and seem fine. I'm leaning toward the CVs since I have replaced them on other MB cars with little drama--and I always hope it's something low drama that I've done before. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
My Oregon Shop

Wheel bearing.

Reply to
Mad as a Box of Frogs

My Oregon Shop ha scritto:

Maybe a schock absorber is locked? Try to push down the rear left side of the car and listen to the noise. Also, try the right side and compare the effort.

Mmm... wheel ball bearings mught be cooked... and brake pads won't be happy, too. Jack car up and try to move rear wheels, to check the ball bearings.

Reply to
Cordy