Cruise control is separate from odometer... no relation.

Cruise control amplifier is at fault 90% of the time... simply buy a rebuilt one for $165...

The odometer is something you have to send out to repair... I think most places is $125 to repair... basically a plastic gear casing broke inside... so the odometer is not moving. I had this same problem with my car.

Check for vendors at mbcoupe.com

Reply to
Tiger

The odometer gear is worn out. They all do that.

is the only place to geta new one.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

The odometer gears wear out. My 79 240D had the same problem. I sent it out to be rebuilt and recalibrated, since it was reading about 10% off.

Rochelle

Jack Archambault wrote:

Reply to
R & K

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Wow Richard... thanks for the link. I need that E1 to fix my original odometer.

Reply to
Tiger