84 500sec blower shuts off

I have a 1984 500SEC that has a heater problem. The blower works fine and I think it is in the wheel of the push button thing but not sure. Ok heres the problem if anyone could help that would be great because I am tired of being cold. The tempature wheel can be set at cold and blow all day long but as soon as I advance the wheel to increase the heat, it will blow for a second or two and shut off. I can roll the wheel back to cold and it will blow the hot air out for a second then go back to cold. I seems like it is cutting off as soon as it gets warm. I have been able to hold the temp wheel and slowly increase the temp and every once in a great while it will stay on (blower). Is this a resistor or something? I thought about replacing the climate control pushbutton unit but being I would be just guessing I thought I should ask advise first. Thanks to all

-- Serena

View this thread:

Send from

Serena

I would suspect two things... one is climate control unit and the other one is heater monovalve. I would change the monovalve first to eliminate the possibility.

Reply to
Tiger

Where and what is that? I had a friend tell me that the blower has an air conditioner side and the heat side and he thought the air side only was working. Does that make any since? If so does it have anything to do with the monovalve you suggested? Thanks for your help/

-- Serena

View this thread:

Send from

Serena