'84 500SL water pump replacement

Date: Monday, August 07, 2006 4:43 PM
I'm down to the pump's bolt removal and have 'em all out 'cept the bottom one that requires aligning the balancer aperture with the bolt head for
My question is: what tool(s) and technique is used for this ?
I'm assuming this can be done without removing the radiator, but does the pump's pulley assembly have to be removed and if yes, what tool(s) are required and what technique ? If this is so, then I assume the new pump's pulley assembly must first be removed before it's installation.