85 300 SD: is Auxiliary elect. fan really needed

I am repairing the A/C system, getting ready for a conversion to R134. I think I may have a bad auxiliary fan. Will apply power direct to the fan power wires to see if it is. Was wondering if this fan is really necessary?Should I make sure I have a good aux fan and control circuit before getting the A/C system working again?

Reply to
Jim Caldwell

Yes, it is necessary, that's why M-B installed it.

Repairing the fan is the least of your project, why cut corners on the last 10% of the job?

Reply to
T.G. Lambach