85 300 SD: where is neutral start switch?

Where is the neutral (or really "park") start switch located? I jacked up the front of the car and looked around the tranny, didn't see it, but I don't know really what it looks like. My Haynes manual didn't show it's location. I suspect it is open, and so I have to run a bypass wire to the newly replaced starter relay to get the starter to work.

Reply to
Jimbo

marlinspike

It is black and on the left side. Look for the 4 wire connecter plugged in it. Depending on whether you have a Fed version or Calif version 85 depends on the trans you have and the style of plug you have. Fed verion trans is 722.3 and the plug connecter inline on the end. Calif version trans is

722.4 and the plug connecter is round and on the side.

Reply to
Karl