85 300D Window Problem

I have an 85 300D. The right front and left rear windows quit working. I changed the fuses including the "a" fuse. Still no luck. Is there another relay or something I can check?

Help! Bob

Reply to
Viper
85 300D Window Problem Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Sun, Nov 23, 2003, 7:17pm From: snipped-for-privacy@bite.net (Viper) I have an 85 300D. The right front and left rear windows quit working. I changed the fuses including the "a" fuse. Still no luck. Is there another relay or something I can check? Help! Bob xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if they both died at the same time i would be tracing the voltage supply line for breaks all that fun stuff. First clean the fingers that hold the fuse in place.

electronics ain't my strong point though. case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN

The switch that you press is connected to a relay which acts like a big switch to give the regulator (window motor) its power. Since both windows quit simultaneously the relay is the problem. The task is to find its location (probably in a cluster of several) under the hood or the dash. I recall some in or next to the 123's fuse box.

The relay is a small (about 1 x 1 x 1 inch aluminum cube with numbers stamped on its top. It plugs into a socket. These can be interchanged and the defective relay found by the process of elimination. A replacement cost about $25 - quite some years ago.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach