85 300SD Can I bypass the blower control?

The A/C blower wanders from almost off to high without apparent reason, and randomly it seems. I see that it has an electronic control module that cost
$200+ to replace. On such an old car it doesn't make sense to replace it when you could just bypass it and let it run on HIGH all the time. THis wouldn't create a problem would it? But the problem is, I don't know where this module is. I see what looks like an ECM module behind the under-dash cover panel, just to the left of the steering column, I think. Is that it?
Maybe it's the sensor input. On my 300D cabin air is pulled over a temperature sensor by a vacuum. When the soft hose gave out, I got wild oscillations in the climate system.
For me, the hose was accessed by removing the glove box liner... not sure about the 300SD.
Mark
Jim Caldwell wrote:

(Ron sent this to me in error, I'm passing it along to the group)
Sure, mine stopped running altogether. The control is over the passenger's left foot. A long plug has a series of pins that go into holes. Unplug it and run a jumper wire to run it on a moderate speed all the time. High speed might overheat something and it's too much noise anyway. Let me know if you need more info.
Ron 85 300SD 83 300SD
Thaks....yea I noticed a box in that location but wasn't sure if an ECM control or what. I guess this car didn't have any ECM control, as come to think of it, there is no CHECK ENGINE light?

Your 126 body has at least 3 ECM's: one for the cruise [it is above the brake pedal], and two for the ACC [one for the temp control and one for the blower control], they are on the right end of the heater case. Do you have turn knobs for your climate control or 5 pushbuttons going across? You need to specify since your news system uses a berlin.de address. If your 85 is like a USA 84/85 300SD, then it has a 4th ECM for EGR contol.