85 380SE Spark Plug Wires, 1.4k ohms or 25k ohms?

Folks, My old 380se came with a new looking set of grey 7mm spark plug wires (no brand name). I measured the resistance of each one, they range from 1k to

1.4 ohms. The CD manual I have reports that the factory recommended resistance is 25k to 30k ohms! Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Thank you

Reply to
djb2000 via CarKB.com

Only the silver metal end has a resistance value. The wires are solid wire. Look at the silver ends, the value is stamped into them. Depending on the part number, they are either 1K or 1.5K. This way, each plug wire is the same value no matter the length.

Reply to
Karl

Usually it is 1000 ohm... I find that 1300 ohm is about the max you can go before engine will start to idle erratically.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
djb2000 via CarKB.com