85 mercedes 300td wagon

Page 2 of 2
Richard Sexton wrote:

Thanks for the link, Richard. Very helpful.
But crikey, where has that engine been?! It's filthy (if you don't mind my saying so) ; )
Euan CHCH NZ

We have salt on the roads here which makes them look awful. I wasn't going to clean it in Februrary when it was -30C. It cleans up fine.
Keep in mind it's got 500,000 miles on it too.
heav wrote:

I've been running a ~30% mix of soybean oil in my '79, and it's been starting up every morning even with frost in the air and on the glass. I get the oil from Costco for about $13 for the 35# (~4.6 gallon) jug, and pour it in right before filling up at the pump, and I usually fill when I'm at 1/4 tank. Mind, if you go this route you'll need to change your fuel filters a couple times in the near-term.
-tom!