86 190E hard starting when sits overnight

Help... my wife has a 190E 1987 2.3 Mercedes that is only hard to start after it sits a day or longer.Once it warms up, it works perfect.I replaced the wires,rotor and sparkplugs but it didn't do much.Once I get it started, it sort of chokes out if I press on the accelerator fast.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
DENNIS MUFFLER

Your cold start injector may not be working. Either the injector is clogged or may not be getting currents to open. It gets current from thermotime switch. This is what I would check first.

Reply to
saeef

Cold start system not working. Temperature sensor, cold start valve and time-temperature relay. If any of these fail your car's problem results. First check connections starting at the cold start injector and trace back. If nothing found amiss my $ would be on the time-temp relay.

The reason the engine coughs when you open the throttle is that the mixture is too lean due to this problem.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Fuel pressure accumulator?

cp