86 300e temp. display

Hi all- the temp display under the speedo on my car is just blank. Its lit up yellow, but theres no info there.... anybody know if this can be fixed relatively easily? Its not something I want o put money into, but i'd like
to fix it if i could.... thanks, Chris
Thanks. If the temp sensor is bad, would it be blank as mine is, or would there just be an incorrect reading? thanks again, chris
the temp sensor is bad.&nbsp; The sensor is behind the front license plate, with a cable going all the way through firewall then connect to the display.&nbsp; It may be difficult to route the entire cable.&nbsp; What I did on my W201 was cutting the cable in the middle then soldering the replacement.&nbsp; The sensor is pretty sensitive so any extra resistance in the wiring will cause the display to go higher. <P>Chris O'Malley wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE="CITE">Hi all- the temp display under the speedo on my car is just blank. Its lit <BR>up yellow, but theres no info there.... anybody know if this can be fixed <BR>relatively easily? Its not something I want o put money into, but i'd like <BR>to fix it if i could.... thanks, Chris</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=