86 300SDL starting troubles when warm.

Had to get the ignition switch (original wore out) replaced and since then the car doesnt start properly when it's warm. First thing in the morning its a normal routine of glow plug, and ignition. After the car has run for a short period (even a few minutes) it wont start correctly. Now its glow plug and crank... sounds like it is not receiving any fuel. The only it has started is by holding down the accelerator then attempting to start it.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Tony

I have the same problem with my '91 300 D turbo.

Perfect cold start but rather difficult when the engine is warm (needs several seconds of cranking).

No other problems.

The glow plugs were renewed recently without any improvement of the warm start.

I'm wonder whether it could be an injection pump timing problem?

Dimitar

Reply to
Dimitar Douchkov

Reply to