86 420sel air conditioning

The climate control air conditioner takes a long time before it starts blowing cold air. Sometimes up to five minutes. If I switch from face level to face and floor level several times, it seems to start working quicker.
Even when it works the air that comes out form the ducts does not seem to be as cold as in my other cars (VW Golf and Toyota Hi Ace). The compressor was reconditioned some 4 month ago, and there are no gas leaks. Can anybody suggest what components should be checked and the location of such components. A diagram of the climate control system would be terrific to have.
The compressor was reconditioned some 4 month ago, and there are no gas leaks. ____________________________________________ If your compressor is functioning and the system is fully charged you should be getting plenty of really cold air. You might want to check into the temperature control pieces.... could be that the hot/cold air mix section is letting in too much warm air into the mix.