'86 560sl - cruise control - Help!!!

I bought an '86 560sl. Everything seems to work good except the cruise control. It doesn't do anything, like a blown fuse. The fuse (in the box under the
passenger kick plate) is good.
What should I check next? Is there an indicator light for when it is engaged? If there is, it doesn't light.
Thanks,
Joe
sounds like the cruise control amplifier
I repaired mine by simply blanket resoldering the board, works like new again, and was totally dead before. if your hopeless at soldering, pay someone else to do it, or just buy a new amplifier.

Joe -
Unless you're adept at soldering on printed circuit boards, you should go sit at the feet of these good folks:
www.gdl-online.com
This same problem occurs across MB model series, and is fixable.
Jerry Wolfram '78 450 SL - 211K miles