87 190D, where is the CD changer?

Hi,

I bought it a few weeks ago. it has an Alpine audio system installed. Whenever I switch it to CD player, I hear a sound from the back like it trying to change a CD. But I have yet to locate where the CD changer box is located. there is nothing in the trunk. Any 190 owner have a clue?

thanks, Ben

Reply to
Benjamin F. Zhou

How would we know... it`s not a standard stereo so it could be anywhere... under the parcel shelf in the boot ??

Reply to
Brad

hey are usually in the trunk, either in a side well or hanging under the shelf. No place to hide it inside a 190 cabin, unless they stuffed it under a front seat. Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

The quickest way to figure it out it to have the car NOT running, the trunk open, the key in the accessory position so that you can turn the radio on and try and use the CD changer and see where "the noise" you hear is coming from

Reply to
Glenflow55