87 300D, Glow Plugs, Help!

Hey all,
My glow plugs stopped working yesterday after washing the engine compartment... no light, no heat, no nothing. I'm assuming the fuse is the
box in front of the main fuse box (single big huge fuse), in which case it's broken... but I tried hotwiring it and nothing helped. It's getting far too cold to start the car easily without glow plugs, can anyone help?!!
Thanks! Mike
That fuse is for your heater/cooling fan in the console. How much water did you use when you cleaned the engine? Let it dry out, you might have caused a short if you used too much water.