87 300D window regulator

I need to replace the LF window regulator in my 124 bodied 300D. I found a regulator and motor unit and wondered if I can do the job myself. Is there
anything I need to know? Is the door panel difficult to remove? The switches for the seat adjustment pose any difficulty? Thanks for the help.
It is not hard to change the regulator itself... pretty easy. taking the door apart is just a bit tricky but not hard at all.
Is the old unit riveted in place? How does the upper door pull come off of the door? How do you remove the seat switch escutchion? Thanks