'87 300E Seatback Upholstery Removal

How do I remove the "seat cover" from the driver's seat? I have removed the screws at the lower edge of the rear panel, however the upholstery
appears to be secured at the side hinges.
I need to get inside to find out why moving the seatback keeps blowing the fuse. Bottom seat adjustment works fine.
Pete Cowper 1987 300E
On Nov 25, 9:09 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Pete Cowper) wrote:

sounds like the mooter that move the backrest need to be replace
I would assume these seats have similar design as my 84 190D (W201). If so, it will be much easier to work by removing the entire seat from floor then separating the back and bottom outside the car. The cover is held to the seat by wire loops. However, mine are without power so separating the back and bottom is very straight forward. I think power seats are different but I have never worked on one.