87 300e shuts off then starts back up after 30min...

I have a 1987 300e and until recently, whenever I drive the car for about 15 minutes it just dies. Then when I try to turn it back, all the lights are good and it seems like it will start up but it just wont start. I have to wait about 30 min - 1 hour for it to start back up and then the same thing happends all over again. has anybody had this problem? and can someone tell me how I can fix it? THanks alot!

-Ruben

Reply to
rubenvc

A friend went through a similar episode last summer. The fix was a new ignition sensor at the ring gear/flywheel.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

This is also known as the crank position sensor 120.00 US If you have a no start condition and you test for spark and have none this probbaly the cause

-- dave_rose69

View this thread:

Send from

dave_rose69