87 300SDL Inside door panels hard to remove

I am having problems removing the inside door panels on my 87 300SDL. I've removed all the screws, door handle trim, lock, and try to lift the panel up and off as my mechanic told me, but the panel won't budge.
Can anyone point me to what I might be missing? Thanks,
-- Jeff

Pull harder. Assuming you've removed:
    o Seat contorl knobs     o Inside doot latch and trim plates     o Door lock knob     o two screws on thee chrome U on the end of the door     o 3 screws that hold the armrest on     o 1 screw that holds the trim at the trailing edge of the window
then it'll come *UP*. Bang it a bit, it may be stuck. Don't pull out of you'll break the locking tabs on the door panel.