87 300SDL stopped shifting

Well I decided to sell my 87 300SDL and everthing seemed to be working fine. So the first guy that comes to take a look takes it for a test drive, and guess what - about half way through the drive it stops upshifting from first gear.

At first he could get it to shift, but now it won't get out of first gear for anything.

I have read some about the modulator vacuum line and fluid levels. Does this sound like a vacuum problem or something more serious with the transmission.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
J. Lon

Check the downshift button- it may be stuck in the kickdown position. It is on the floor under the accelerator pedal.

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

Thanks, that was it. I never hit the accelerator pedal hard enough to kick it in, I guess. I did notice he was flooring it on the test drive.

Does this need to be replaced or can it be lubed with something to make it work correctly - it still sticks?

Reply to
J. Lon

Reply to
Bill Ditmire