88 300 E sunroof question

I have the opportunity to buy a really decent 88 300E that has the sun roof apparently off it's track(s). How major a job is it to repair this. The vehicle's odometer also has stopped working. Can that be
replaced by one of average mechanical skill or should I consider taking it to local panzer mechanic? TIA
--
Cheers,
Kurt

$2995 plus tax, reduced from $3495. I drove it, runs OK,, brakes OK, AC may need refrigerant (compressor seems to kick in, but air is not cold). No descernable rust anywhere. Rubber is mebbe ~75%. All windows work. Only real down side is the status of the AC. And perhaps that the colour is white which is not my favourite at all.
--
Cheers,
Kurt

Okey-dokey. The friend locally that "gave me the bug" to buy has advised to not look at anything with non-functioning AC. She spend about $6K on her 86 300E and still doesn't have it working.
--
Cheers,
Kurt
Kurt wrote:

Oops, I just spent 2100 EUR including labor on a new aftermarket AC for my 86 250D.
The kit was from: http://www.delphiauto.co.uk/DELproductspages14121.asp
Ximinez

Yikes. Mebbe I should have said that over the ten years that she has had the 300E, she has spend the $6K on the AC to no avail.
--
Cheers,
Kurt

I'll drop you a note via email later tonight or tomorrow. Watch for something from dk_steinhaus
--
Cheers,
Kurt