Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

More Catalytic Converter Questions
I don't want to belabor the topic, but in dealing with the catalytic converter failure I mentioned in an earlier thread, I just read that using gas with too high an octane rating can also burn a...
7
7

Chain Installation Guide (M3007) for 116 Engine Wanted
Does anyone happen to know where I can rent or buy a used chain installation guide (M 3007) that allows a person to roll a new chain into a M116 by himself? Thanks very much for the info. Steve
1
1

300E
Can anyone send me blueprints and pictures of this car on my mail. tnx.
1
1

Mercedes Valve Spring Compressor For Rent
Greetings, I have a Mercedes valve spring compressor for overhead cam engines that I'm willing to rent for $30 per week + shipping costs. Since this is a relatively expensive tool, I'm requiring a 150...

300D Belts
What would be the estimated cost of having all of the belts changed on a 79 300D? It is very cold and damp here now, and I am thinking of having this work done instead of doing it myself. Thanks to...
7
7

95 E300D
There's been a number of these 124 bodied beauties for sale on eBay lately, all with around 200,000 to 250,000 miles that have gone pretty cheap - $3500 - $4500. Would it be stupid to even consider a...
4
4

300D Synth Oil
Last autumn, I switched to Amsoil synthetic. There were a number of posts here relating to the switch. However, now after three months, my 300D has started a minor leak in the forepart of the engine,...
12
12

Attn:Karl
Hi Karl, I've been reading your informative posts here for a while and trust your expertise. I have an opportunity to obtain an 82 300TD for a good price. I absorbed your previous info, and really...
1
1

E 220 CDI 2002 mod additional electric heater
Does anyone know anything about Electric heater instead of webasto diesel driven heater. Can not find picture. The handbook says nothing except switch with red light beside ashtray. RD
4
4

Gearbox oil for '84 240D?
My manual says that I should ask the local MBZ dealer what oil to use locally in a manual gearbox. I did just that and was told that I could come in and buy some. How sweet :-( Anyone know for sure. I...
2
2

Power steering fluid ('86 w123)
The manual doesn't specify anything beyond, "use Mercedes-approved oil." If I get a quart of "power steering fluid" at Autozone, will that work ok in the Mercedes? Reviewing old posts here, they're...
5
5

Spam
The spammer Paul is refering to is using Altopia ( .com) they do not allow flooding, however they do provide a means to get about 30 "hops" to his spam. He had to acknowledge that he would not flood...

1999 C230 K Check Engine Light becomes a cash hemorrhage
I have a 1999 C 230 Kompressor with 71K. When my check engine light came on, my NEW and highly recommended mechanic's diagnostic computer found a bad ignition coil on #2 cylinder, and the car needing...
7
7

Smart car for USA market
Hi , I have placed a deposit for a Smart, and heard that it should be available anytime now. How does it handle in snow? i am sure that some parts of Europe that has the Smart sees a lot of snow. I...
1
1

Valve Stem Seals Again
I replaced the valve stem seals on my 560sl a while ago, but the car recently started blowing blue smoke on start up, and three plugs are now oily. I would therefore like to replace the seals on just...
16
16