89 190E 2.6 Fans

When the engine is running and I turn on the A/C, the two electric fans in front of the radiator should start immediately - correct?
Thanks, Jim

Mine never have (same model and age) but I was under the same impression as you. Could be that they should?
Are you having A/C problems?
I have had a heat sensor fail that allowed overheating when stopped in traffic. With it fixed I'm sure both fans turn on when hot. Now it never overheats but will still heat up quickly stopped in traffic, then the fans kick-in. I suspect the viscous fan is weak?
Chris

You both need to change the temp sensor for it...it is the two prongs on top of engine... do a test before replacing... if you pulled the harness off the plug, does your fan come on? if yes, then you need to check the fuse on the relay.
YES......but should both fans turn on when A/C is switched on ....OR only when temperature rises? Also can auxilliary fans be "easily" removed for cleaning and lubricating
I believe this is correct. The fans keep the AC condenser cool, and keep AC high side pressures low, to cool the inside of the car. Both fans are located in front of the AC condenser radiator assy.