'89 300E blower Motor still doesn't work.

Calling all Mercedes experts!!!!

About 1 month ago, my AC Blower stopped all together. I have replaced:

Fuse Blower Motor (new)Old motor squeaked Blower Regulator (from Salvage, off 300E with less than 80K)

I have noticed that when driving the car, the AC will switch on and off rapidly (I hear a low clicking from the dash). It will go away when I press the AC button, then the Economy button. But it will happen again later. This was happening before the blower motor stopped working. When I had the switch assembly out, I could move it and the same clicking would happen. My gut instincts have been the dash switch assy from the beginning, but I went against them.

Do you think it is the switch? I figuire this is the only thing left in the curcuit to keep the blower from working.

Thanks for your input.

Thom '89 300E, 243,000 miles

Reply to
Thom