"89 560 SEL, NO REAR HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,
When my '89 560 SEL warms up, I turn the blower to auto. I've noticed that no matter how hot it gets in the front, the rear vent Always blows out cold!
What am I missing here. It does this cold thing if I put the also blower on high or low.
TIA,
Bill
If you are talking about the vent in the rear of the console, then it doesn't get heat. In heat mode it gets outside air. The heat for the rear comes from vents under the front seats. Turn off the rear center vent with the control on the vent. Your rear seat passengers should be tosty worm. Paul

Ditto... Normal. Must shut off rear upper vents... and heat comes from under front seat.