89 Mercedes 560SL Engine Runs Roughly Right After Starting

Hi
I just bought an 89 MB 560SL. It's in great shape but the engine has a bit of trouble for about a minute after I start it. It idles a bit slower than it should, sort of ready to stall. If I touch the gas
pedal, it stalls right away. If I wait about 30 seconds to a minute, I can feather the gas lightly to get it going. After a few minutes, everything is fine. The problem occurs only right after starting the car, even during this hot Phoenix summer.
FYI I am not currently using premium gas, but I did try it and it didn't seem to make much difference.
Thanks a lot
SS
The engine isn't getting its cold start fuel enrichment and the fuel injection is struggling to keep it running for the first minute or two.
There's a temperature sensor, thermo-time (delay) relay, and an electric cold start valve. That's the chain, one link is broken or disconnected. You need to find which is broken.
Regular or premium fuel has no effect on this problem.

car,
cause
Hi Lee. I have a similar problem. Our 560 has sat for a year with only about a gallon of gas in the tank. This summer, last week in NY, I startered the car but immediately after giving gas it would die. There's no Chevron retailer here in NY. Have you any experience with other additives. I'm thinking of trying a Prestone product.