Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Is there a precat on on some 107's?
The picture of the right catalytic converter on the 380sl and 560sl in the Performance Products catalog shows what appears to be a cannister close to the exhaust manifold. Am I mistaken, or is this a...
6
6

sunroof cable
Hello, I was wondering how to install a sunroof cable in my 1981 300sd?
3
3

Broken radiator drain plug
Like the idiot that I am, I broke my radiator drain plug off in my brand new radiator. What's the best way to get the broken stem out so I can replace it?
3
3

Timing chain question
I have a 1983 380SL with 195K miles. I removed the valve cover and it has the double timing chain. I understand that the 1983 model had a single chain, so I assume that the upgrade kit may have been...
1
1

Alarm/Immobiliser draining battery problem
Hi - hope someone can shed some light! I've a 1997 E230 estate (UK W210) - it would appear the alarm/immobiliser is causing the (new & checked) battery to drain if left for a few hours - is this a...

Launch of 451 smart fortwo Site / 451s.com
I would like to personally invite you to the new smart site just launched. The new smart website is focused on the 451 smart fortwo and its web address is: At you can host unlimted smart videos and...

Lifting 380sl Bent Jack
Hi, As I was jacking my 380sl up to fix a flat, the jack bent under the car's weight. So, I searched the archives and found someone who had reported the same problem with a 380sl. I was just wondering...
4
4

change thermostat
How can I change the thermostat on my '97 SL500? Looks almost impossible to do.....

C230 Center Console Wiring
I want to install a cell phone charger in the center console of my '97 C230. There is an RJ45 and a 4 pin molex type connector in the center console. I'm looking for an unswitched 12V source but...

W123 wipers stopped
Today the wipers stopped on my 1984 280e. What could be the possible causes? They have never worked in internittent, and recently they had been acting as if 'slipping' - complete with a low screechy...
2
2

Help needed - '03 C270cdi says 'no malfunctions' but won't start.
Greetings group - I need some help with my 2003 C270cdi diesel. The engine turns over well but just won't fire or start. The only thing I changed in the engine recently was the air filter, and it has...
5
5

Cold Start Valve
What do I need to remove to get to the cold start valve on a 1969 280SEL? Where is the cold start valve located?
1
1

Clanking Catalytic Converter
Hi again guys, Turns out that the clanking noise I described in the previous thread on chain slap was coming from inside the right catalytic converter of my 380sl. It's particularly noticeable when I...
3
3

[for sale] 400 CDI central engine unit
I sell this CPU: contact me to have other informations and pictures.
1
1

Re: Mercedes still may profit from Chrysler
You're slightly confused. The 74% domestic content means US - Canada - Mexico. The 26% foreign content is stuff that is made from outside North America, so there is PLENTY of stuff that can come from...