91 300CE Transmission

I'm currently awaiting my owner's manual to arrive in the mail, but right now I have an issue that needs taking care of. I took my 300CE to the mechanic this morning and was told there are at least two small leaks in the
transmission. He told me to check the transmission fluid regularly, but I have no idea where the trans fluid goes or how to check it. Any help is as always greatly appreciated.
in the engine bay is a dipstick tube with a large red (clip-locked) cap. this is where the trans level is checked and topped up.
the trans level should be checked with the gearbox at full operating temp and on a flat surface - otherwise the reading will not be accurate

Thanks! I can't wait to get the owner's manual so I can stop asking all these questions.