'91 500 SL OBD-1

has someone information how to read and interpret data from a '91 500SL which has the OBD-1 system ? I don't have any problem at this point, but I
would like to be prepared if I ever hit a problem. I think there is a way of wiring up a switch and a LED to read out the code, but I can't find this information again. Also the manuals I have so far (WIS/ASRA) don't seem to have a list of error codes
- Matthias