91 560 SEL Radio

I am looking for a replacement radio/cassette for my beloved 560SEL.
It's a Becker 1480. Seen a few on Ebay but they look pretty rough. There are other models like the 780 that appear similar. However, it's my
understanding that they are not interchangeable.
I'd take the aftermarket route but I really don't have a problem with the factory system. It's got pretty good sound quality. Plus, I'd like to keep the look of the factory unit.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I don't think so. All Beckers of that vintage should have the same connection plug and the same antenna plug. If not, there are adapters available. I changed my BMW business radio (made by Becker) against an aftermarket radio made by Plilips (the Becker was broken and I wanted something with a CD changer). In order to connect the Philips (it has ISO sockets), I bought a Becker-to-ISO adapter for 15 bucks or something. Installation was a 15 minute job. The hardest task was finding a way for the CD changer cable from the trunk to the dashboard;-)
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance