91 560sel speaker problem

Hello again! Need some help...

91 560sel

Randomly, when I?m driving, the right passenger?s side speaker will lose sound. It?ll make some static cracky noise and the sound will fade. To fix it, I have to raise the volume up high or mess with the fader switch until it comes back. It is only that one particular speaker. Everything else is fine. Any ideas about this? This happens when I?m listening to a CD, I haven?t tried the radio. It happens about once a week. Could it be the fader switch that?s causing it? Please help, thanks!

Reply to
zodiax

Do you get the more of the static crackling when you move the fader? Do all other speakers on the same side of the car make the same crackling noise?

My guess would be that it could be the fader, but it could also be a problem with the wiring for that particular speaker - chafed wire or similar.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

"Timo Geusch" wrote: > zodiax wrote: > > > Hello again! Need some help... > > > > 91 560sel > > > > Randomly, when Im driving, the right passengers side > speaker will > > lose sound. Itll make some static cracky noise and the > sound will > > fade. To fix it, I have to raise the volume up high or mess > with the > > fader switch until it comes back. It is only that one > particular > > speaker. Everything else is fine. Any ideas about this? This > happens > > when Im listening to a CD, I havent tried the radio. It > happens > > about once a week. Could it be the fader switch thats > causing it? > > Please help, thanks! > > Do you get the more of the static crackling when you move the > fader? Do > all other speakers on the same side of the car make the same > crackling > noise? > > My guess would be that it could be the fader, but it could > also be a > problem with the wiring for that particular speaker - chafed > wire or > similar.

I never touch the fader switch. This happens on its own. I move the switch to fix the problem when the noise starts. No other speaker makes this noise, only that particular one.

Reply to
zodiax

OK, given your answer my guess is still on the cabling, followed by the fader switch...

Reply to
Timo Geusch