92 190 E 2.6 stereo

apparently i need to replace the stereo in my 190....doesn't work anymore - volume wide open is barely audible.... i'd like to keep the cassette format but also get cd
capability.....cd/cassette combo or cassette tuner and cd changer..... any recommendations on brands/models and what i might expect (as the un-expected) concerning problems of installations..... thanks

anymore -

It is becoming more apparent as time goes on that cassette options are irrelevant. MP3 disks and iPOD MP3 storage seems to be the way to go. Or at the very worst, a CD stacker.
Recently I was looking at the Blaupunkt Satellite navigation replacement for a radio. It seems to have all the features you could desire, except cassette.