92 190E 2.3 - foul smell in the air circulation system

Hi

I have a 92 190E 2.3 and in summer (I'm in Alberta, Canada...yes its only a short portion of the year that the problem exists..) there is a foul smell present when the car is first started. It is especially bad if the air conditioning is NOT on. What also happens is that when I wash it, the smell of the soap or wax used is present for a few days and then the foul smell comes back .

Anyone have any ideas about how to track this problem down. It seems like there is a filter somewhere that is holding the water and as it goes stale, gives off the smell.

Thanks C. Peters

Reply to
C Peters

marlin

You might have a dead critter in the air duct where air enters into the cabin... Otherwise, you need to use evaporator cleaner.

Reply to
Tiger

Turn on the heat or the air and spray some lysol into the heater intake (at the bottom of the windshield,outside), some times you can get some mold growing in the heating/ac system, the lysol will kill it, no more stink. ;)

WD

Reply to
Wheeler . Dealer

lysol really works!!!