'92 190E 2 litre, with abs problem

Hello,

Just bought a '92 190E 2 litre, when I go to start the car and the ignition lights come on the ABS light does not light up? Any Ideas? Dirty sensor? don't know where to start. Would really appreciate some help, the brakes work fine but I don't know if the abs is Cutting in.

Alan

Reply to
almonza

You can check functioning of ABS by going at, say, 10 - 15 mph on a quiet stretch and slamming on the brakes. You'll soon feel the vibes if it's working.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

if the sensors where dirty and the abs not working, the light would stay on, even when engine is running..

since light does not even come on with full ignition and engine not running...I would check the bulb if u did what dori suggested and abs is working...its the bulb or the electrical connection to it

post results of test... personally I would check it on a rainy day...saves tires :O) oooh..and do it somewhere with no one around...saves insurance hassle:O)

"Dori Schmetterling" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fc5d651$0$24057$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich