'92 190E FAULT CODES?

I just received a list of W201 flash fault codes. (as in 5 flashes -oxygen sensor) (10 flashes-throttle control switch) I am told there is a way to retrieve engine fault codes, through a built in,
flashing light system without having the meter. Is this true? and if so how do I activate it? I do recall a similar system on Chrysler cars involving turning the ignition key backwards, and holding it Thanks for any assist...........Rick
AJDalton7 posted a homemade code reader tool that should work on your model.. The Radio Shack part number for the LED/resistor combo is 276-0011.
ftp://members.aol.com/ajdalton7/e320led.jpg
Here is a place to find your specific codes and diagnostic port pin-out (the manual is for a commercial scanner): http://www.autolib.diakom.ru:8000/CARS2/pribor/cs1000/manual/cs1000_mb.pdf

After making the scan led tool, go to pin # 3 for code retrival and post findings....
Scott D wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up. It's a very nice site, since it includes all the wiring diagrams for the various models as well.
Translating the pages in babelfish helps alot, but the PDF files are in english.
Regards, WS
--
Change to leews to mail.