'92 190E with "ACTIVE BASS"

Is there a quick way to test the trunk mounted amplifier in this system. Front, and rear speakers, fully operational, but door speakers only "murmur" at 1/10 the output af the others. Does any know the color
codes of wires leading to door speakers? and does this amplifer only boost, or control the door speakers? thanks for any help.........Rick
Aren't the door speakers subwoofers?

Now jist hang on thar. We iz comin ta hep yall wif them bass a floppin aroun in yer car. Them ole boys in tha bak seat iz gitting raight hungry fer sum gud fresh fish.
mcbrue ichtheologicaly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
Hehehe, I like you ;-)

aroun in

gud
Yes, door speakers are supposed to be sub woofers, but produce little or no output in bass amp mode, but, if I jump two wires off the dash speakers, the door speakers play loud and clear,... but this is not the active bass (sound separation) mode, I think in fact I just by-passed the trunk mounted amp. "Benz" says amplifier failure is very rare and to look elsewhere......any audio people out there?
replying to r parris, 202brabus wrote: Remove the amp from the vehicle, remove the 4 torx screws to open the amplifier. You will find a fuse, check to see if that fuse is blown. If it is then check the transistors on both side (they are screwed into the heatsink amp case. One or both of them will show physical damage. If they do then thats your problem. Those transistors heat up and fry. You can either take it in to get it repaired or locate that transistor with the part number thats stamped on it and solder a new one yourself along with a new fuse.